PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting on the wrong plane
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 14:08
The SSK

A Runyonesque Character

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A long time ago, I was flying Budapest-Brussels with my two daughters. We noted that there was a final security check (the last of many) at the exit from the gate lounge, also signs warning that local currency could not be taken out of the country. So I checked the last of my cash and decided there was just enough for a drink each from the lady with the trolley. Just then they called the flight. Not wishing to waste anything, I told the girls to take their time – there was no hurry.

Eventually we left the lounge, the last by some little time. Down the jetway and onto the aircraft, found our seats and settled in. Crew were walking up and down the aisle, paying us a fair bit of attention. Eventually one of them asked ‘are you going to Zurich?’

The jetway divided into two and served two stands. Evidently someone had the job of sending the Brussels passengers down the correct corridor but had gone before we arrived, so we just followed our noses. The aircraft (Malev Tu-134) was the same for both flights.

No harm done, they switched us back onto the right aircraft. It amused me though that even with massive bureaucracy and security (this was back in Communist days) it was possible to get on the wrong aircraft.

Last edited by The SSK; 13th Jun 2012 at 14:10.