PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What do I need ?
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 10:53
Non-Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What do I need ?

My wife is setting up a preschool in a building with no landline. I have acquired a couple of old CF18 toughbooks running XP Pro and a MiFi wireless dongle running 3 network. She also has a newish laptop running W7 and an Epson SX535WD wireless printer. The idea is to let the kids use the toughbooks as tablets for basic stuff like Paint, some interactive DVD games and some secure internet access for sites like CBeebies. She will use her laptop for printing docs & e-mail etc. What kind of router do I need that can access internet through the MiFi (connecting wirelessly rather than through USB) and create a wireless network for all the devices to talk to each other ? We will also need a couple of DVD readers for the toughbooks and am conscious XP Pro won't necessarily work with current generation plug-in drives. Can anyone recommend a model that should work.

The spec of the toughbooks appears to be 40GB hard drive, 1GHz Intel, 512MB RAM. I have been given some 2GB RAM modules to install as an upgdrade, but not sure if they will work in the age of CF18.

Thanks.