PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 09:28
Mach E Avelli

Received 155 Likes on 103 Posts
Denys, I am no longer in a hiring and firing position, but if I were, I would hire you in a heartbeat. The lessons you learned and the way you have 'fessed up should make any Chief Pilot consider you for a job.
Just be sure at any interview that you do 'fess up' and tell the whole story, warts and all. If he doesn't hire you because of this one mistake so early in your career, he is the di!ckhead, not you.
Oh, and despite all you did wrong, bloody good handling to nurse it around the circuit the way you did. Plenty others would have stacked it.
And further - you did not bring Alligator down. They were fcuk'd anyway.
Re the other comments here from/to the outgoing Chief Pilot.
CASA have been known to admit that that they are handing an incoming Chief Pilot a 'poisoned chalice'. It has happened to me and it seems that it may have happened at Alligator as well.
It bothers me that CASA approve Chief Pilots with almost indecent haste when they bloody KNOW that said Chief Pilot has no hope of fulfilling that very first part of the relevant CAO 82.xx (whatever-it-is) i.e. 'having complete control of....' blah blah. Until CASA require Chief Pilots to have a budget allocated with signatory powers to spend what it takes to be compliant, we will forever have Alligator situations. Rant over.

Last edited by Mach E Avelli; 13th Jun 2012 at 10:51.