PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indonesia Air Transport -ATR fleet-CPL copilot intake
Old 13th Jun 2012, 08:11
farjones

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi pilotchute, well I am not going to start the topic on whether p2f is good or not as done by many other thread.

I have been jobless for quite a long time and if I dont start flying and collecting hours, the risk and money lost is far greater. I my as well burn my euro 70k CPL license as well as my type rating cost up.

Before this I have send my resume to almost 50 companies round the world with no reply or the usual "we only take our own citizens".

Plus is not that I am working for free as all in plus allowance,i can get + - USD40,000 per year to recover back my investment cost. Even in the states, fresh pilots in regional get paid much lower than that.

Finally I always believe in the phrase " you scratch my back I scratch yours ", if they can help me start my career, they deserve something in return as there are no free lunch in this world.

cessna95 : I am looking at Hotel aston or Amaris as they are pretty cheap and located in central jakarta.

Last edited by farjones; 13th Jun 2012 at 18:18.