PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GPS Question..Please help
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2012, 00:59
FlightPathOBN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AT,

Well, there are concepts, mostly on my machine only, that do much of what you are saying.
I know that idle descent doesnt work in a queue, and you cant optimize the spacing or even get close to radar sep with that.
Then there is the wake sep restraint, which must have been created by the same people who calc global warming, because there is about as much real time science in both.

Given what you said about 3000 feet, and you are with ASA, you may have an idea of some of what I am alluding to.

The concept has gone far from what we originally talked about, in several ways. One doesnt need to create floating waypoints, you just need to let the waypoints float in the system, which is currently easy to do.

If the aircraft has a Smiths box, well, there is some architecture there that can be used very effectively. Others it a bit more of a challenge, but still currently capable.

This is all available right now, and procedures to take advantage, that are within existing criteria (using the inner workings of the calcs in the criteria)

As I said in a previous post,
It is best to let them flail around, while working 'off their radar', and profit from the aftermath.

Perhaps it would be interesting to introduce ourselves.

Last edited by FlightPathOBN; 13th Jun 2012 at 01:01.