PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shares hit $1.00 Discuss
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2012, 22:46
Shed Dog Tosser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The selling of one star would be a smart thing for Qantas, take the cash injection.

We would have a new competitor, that I think QF and VB would be able to make short work of.

Whoever purchased one star would then have to make this business both stand alone and profitable. Good luck.

I do not think the new owners of one star will be able to pull it off.

VB and QF will drop prices, god forbid, QF might start offering, what is that word again,,,,,,service, and I believe one star would go the way of the dodo, or move permanently into the "lush" overseas based asian LCC market and die on foreign soils.

To allay fears of "1980 style the sum of the parts is worth more than the purchase price", the QF brand, the white kangaroo etc etc is an amazing international brand, worth in dollar terms far more than the sale price of the terminals and aircraft, any corporate raider would have to see that.

What exactly can Mac bank do ?, the shares are for sale on the open stock exchange, who buys the shares is who ever has the money, what exactly are Mac bank capable of "controlling" ?.

Last edited by Shed Dog Tosser; 12th Jun 2012 at 22:58.