PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Global Academy
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2012, 15:35
plikee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You welcome that is right . I was not sure how it is done nowadays but I heard it is done the way you said, GS at Évora then flight training at Phoenix. I know a few mates who did their training there (I didn't do at CAE), one was my flight instructor. I can't tell you much more about the flight school, what I can say is that the airfield is almost on Évora (maybe 2 Km from city centre). The city is not as big as Lisbon or Porto, but it is very beautiful

About the school, personally, i would not recommend because I think it is a big investment for a license where you can do it much cheaper here in Portugal and you end with more 50 hours - I finished with 200TT, at CAE Évora you finish only with 150TT and pay almost the double price.

But there are a few things you have to consider as well. Since you're not from Portugal, I think the price you pay at CAE includes accommodation and transport between the airfield and your house. Now the flight training was moved to the USA, I really don't know how this is done.

Finally, in terms of employment, honestly, only 2 of the 10 guys I know from there have a job - One at LyonAir, that means Pay2Fly, the other one as a instructor - it was mine instructor on VFR syllabus.

But I can't say how accurate is what I am saying because everything I wrote here was based in things that I see or is happening here - in other CAE I really don't know . But the true thing is that many people that enters from CAE lands at Évora

Last edited by plikee; 12th Jun 2012 at 18:01.