PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - alcohol history
Thread: alcohol history
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2012, 08:20
ericlarouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had hoped this may have prompted a reply, as i believe alcohol my still be a significant problem amounst some aviators ,mine exasibate by sleep deprivation,and attemts to control this with alcohol,whilst working for a major charter airline,with poor roster patterns,longday,bus trips to base 24hrs for 2 sleep patterns followed by long nights ,and so on,some of this post prompted by by reading about ,crew members with double doubles ,;taxing in;i recall a ,major airline now part of the" Houndslow" flying club(BA) where landing drinks were standard,
i am happy to approach this subbject as i do not drink,hopefully for ever,but read lots of wannabee post about 10 pint men woried about medicals, we can reach a stage of concern over Alcohol,where by seeking help may result in loss of license,and job;
Probably causing further problems!!and the option of continuing to drink will have the same out come but futher down the line,i had three friends all professional pilot ,all sadly dead, as a result of alcohol!!! o sorry that 4 friends

Last edited by ericlarouge; 14th Jun 2012 at 15:13.