PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2012, 06:57
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
BWord, I'm not presenting the CAA, or for that matter any other organisation, as a model for the MAA. "My" MAA will be flawed, criticized, bureaucratic, etc, just as any other is. What it will not do, I earnestly hope, is to set about suborning its very own Airworthiness Regulations and then signimg them off as having been complied with. What it will not do, I earnestly hope, is to rid itself off its qualified and experienced engineers who cannot be thus suborned, and replace them with inexperienced and unqualified administrators and then giving them Airworthiness Authority, so that they may do the suborning required of them.
That is what the military airworthiness authority aka the MOD did, along with letting the Regulations whither on the vine, unamended, unpublished, and unlamented.
The Military Airworthiness Authority, that does not understand airworthiness, and has no real authority, cannot reverse all that as presently constituted. It has to be independent of the MOD that wrought all this damage, and seen to be so. After that it will be a daunting task to pick up the pieces of this massive slow motion train crash and slowly repair it. No doubt many interim special exemptions will have to be authorised to keep our military aircraft flying, but the sooner we start the sooner the task can be accomplished, and the sooner that airworthiness related accidents and deaths may be avoided. That is the purpose of an Airworthiness Authority, Civil or Military. High time it happened!

Last edited by Chugalug2; 12th Jun 2012 at 07:03.