PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you listen to ATC if they tell you the weather ahead is bad?
Old 11th Jun 2012, 20:19
gasax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FBW posed a question do you listen to ATC? The sub-text was if this character had listened to FBW the 'incident' would not have occured. And that is entirely correct.

But and it is a HUGE but, if FBW says Edinburgh weather is pants does that mean flying north to Perth is impossible? No it does not. It means the weather at Edinburgh is pants.

This character got it wrong and the sensible thing would probably have stopped or returned to Carlisle / Kirkbride. But a weather report from somewhere else is information - it is not a ban on flight.

At the end of the day it is about judgement. This one was wrong and I would guess he just carried on into lowering cloud - which is pretty dumb. But babybear if FIS tells you somewhere is 800ft within 10 to 30 miles of your route do you immediately turn around? Somehow I doubt it - which is why I have not joined in the hang him now responses which pprune is so full of.