PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA to FAA conversion
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2012, 16:29
a320renewal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this post proves a point:

with our super JAA licenses at 100'000 euro(I have one taking the dust)or more and which suppose to be the best in the world, yes the BEST, we are now just good to convert to FAA certificate and look for a job outside of Europe if we want fly and be paid.

there is no easy way, once you have the FAA, you need to have a green card or US citizenship, and nobody is going to give you a work permit.
Still the FAA is highly appreciated outside of europe, guess why? : Money saved for employers, by ex.:one flight review covers everything, type ratings are cheaper, and certificates are valid FOR LIFE for 2$ administration fee , YES 2$ !and no damn 5 years expiration dates like food or renewals every year!

Now I see our legislators comfortably sitting in their JAA offices trying to crack down on EU pilots flying "N" aircraft in Euroland thinking they will create jobs when these same guys let P2F trainings to destroy our noble profession.

They destroy on one side, to rebuild on the other side, what's the point? to tax for paperwork , (i eared the new EASA charges 300 euro of admin fee to convert your JAA certif) ???Please notice that the FAA is still here and still the same (except they changed from paper to plastic certificates a few years ago), when Europe is constantly changing their laws.

Jealousy?or incompetence from our EU governments? probably both.!but I am sure of something, we can not continue like this.And even if we change the way we controll our countries to change our life style , how long is going to take? and how much?and finally, the most important question : are people ready for a real change?

Last edited by a320renewal; 11th Jun 2012 at 17:24.