PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 11th Jun 2012, 15:28
fly hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recency only in India now

Hey guys im a new member
Want to share this with you...since I cleared all my papers Im now left with Recency
I was all confused about where to do my recency so today 11/6/2012 I went to DGCA
and met Mr Bhardwaj and Mr Vashisht and asked them about this new rule and how to go about, he is like
* You have to do your single and multi training IN INDIA
* Now since you going to fly the multi in India you have to give technical(specific)
paper also
* You cant do your recency abroad anymore
* You dont need to have a UID card at the time of document submission its not
required anymore.
I told them all this is not there on your dgca website, they are like yes we know but this is what its going to be.

This is what they told me

Some guys told me that if one does his multi abroad and single engine in India then he/she will only be granted single engine endorsement on his/her license not the multi
In some cases if you did your multi abroad you will be delayed to get your license

Well im not sure how far thats true

Now that its clear we have to do the recency in India, I think its better to get SE CPL for Indian License and we already have Multi Endorsement in our foreign license. so no big deal if we dont have it on Indian license too. Im sure Airlines when hiring wont make a big fuss out of it like dgca...
and we now need to find a good flying school in India where we can do our flying and finish it in time.

Do lemme know what you guys think about getting SE CPL only on the Indian License.

Cheers!