PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots as temporary workers for Airlines in Canada
Old 11th Jun 2012, 14:00
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aileron

There isn't a doubt in my mind that at the time we were "wet" leased to Air 2000 there were ready, willing, capable and qualified persons from the UK who could have done the job. Pretty much as it is today. The decision to "wet" lease was made by A2K and their tour operators.

If A2K had employed type rated Canadian crew on their B757s, then helped obtain LVCs and allowed those crews to operate "G" registered aircraft alongside UK citizens....then we'd be having an entirely different discussion. Wouldn't we?

NB
There are no monopolies when it comes to morons nor apparently are there geographic boundaries. I merely associate moronic statements with moronic persons and if their geographic location is obvious then it's not only apparent to me but to many others.

When Canada is faced with a pilot shortage I hope our European colleagues will apply. Until then...Sorry, through no fault of their own, they're persona non grata at present.

Next?

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 11th Jun 2012 at 19:33.