PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SpiceJet to Dubai but no Flydubai to India??
Old 11th Jun 2012, 11:42
a747jb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my understanding, the Indian government considers FD as part of EK. Since EK have a seat restriction into India, there is no chance for FD to get more routes unless the seat restriction is raised. This happens from time to time, but rest assured that EK will be the one adding flights should this happen, not FD. Please note that this only my understanding of things and it very well may be different. In fact, I could be totally wrong, but I am pretty sure this is accurate. Maybe someone else with more in depth knowledge of this issue may know better. All being said, this maybe the best thing that happened to FD, as they have pursued routes with little or no competition. Having flown with them to some of these places, i can tell you that there seems to be no low cost in any of their pricing into these markets, lol. If they aren't making a small fortune heading up to Turkmenistan, I don't know how. Nearly 2000 dhs each way!!! You won't get that kind of yield from TRV, BLR, or MAA, I promise you that!