PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2012, 09:25
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Denys

That took guts -logging on here & posting as you have. Well done. On viewing the video, I understood the nature of your smile. I don't think that there are many that would have reacted significantly differently when faced with a similarly trying situation, whilst maintaining a semblance of 'professionalism' for the fare-paying punters in the immediate aftermath...

I understand only too well the pressures you perceived and given the obvious culture of the organisation stemming from the owner/ops manager/chief engineer, it's a wonder that the organisation escaped without fatalities.

At least you kept your head and kept it together upon realising the seriousness of the situation you were in, but true Professionalism would have meant that you never got into that situation in the 1st place. You would have aborted the departure immediately on realising you were not developing full rated power. I personally don't believe a scan of the engine instruments is necessary for that -your arse would have told you 1st- and a brief scan of the instruments confirmed what you already knew.

I'm confident you have learned a lesson from all this -admittedly a harsh lesson, but one you'll never forget. I hope that your dealings with the regulator are not excessively harsh. I respect your determination to continue in aviation and wish you all the best.