PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia Aviation Greece
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2012, 07:01
Olivez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinion

Hi everyone,

I'd like to pass on my personal feedback regarding the services offered by Egnatia Aviation as I did my IR conversion from FAA to JAA in March 2012.

First of all, this is an excellent school: the planes are clean and well maintained, mainly DA-40s and DA-42s. Although their number is relatively small compared to other bigger European schools it didn't pose any problems of availability.

The staff is excellent and helpful. The overall administration in terms of paperwork and diligence was far above the level one can see in most schools.

The CFI and the HOT are amazingly available and friendly yet serious and professional when required. The instructors were also nice and professional on average. I had a limited time commitment to complete my conversion and was given at least two hours every day between sim and flights. The examiner was also fair and attentive to the fact that students aren't full time pilots per se (and as such are subject to errors) and, rather than partially punishing for a non sense issue, he would provide advice and guidance towards to the right action to do, which I felt would put anyone in confidence.

All in one, the prices are extremely competitive if one takes into account the full package inclusive of the accommodation, which I must say was very comfortable (free wifi). If you drive, rent a car as it is a must have. For the rest, the region isn't the best party place ever and is probably more enjoyable in summer.

I have no problem recommending the school to anyone and provide more details if requested. I will definitely go back there for my rating renewal.

I just hope Egnatia will not become the victim of its own success with too many students for a limited number of aircraft, which could lead to longer waiting time to fly.