PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - History Repeating
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2012, 02:39
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RU/16 I was parked along side QF in DRW in a TAA F27. I know who was there. Nobody is knocking AN, it was a great airline, it should never had what happened to it, I am the first to say that. But QF was already in the air, when AN was born, ditto TN, and QF went on to be the national carrier. That is history, and no tweaking is going to change that. Australia was lucky it had three great airlines plus some great regionals, we were very well serviced. AN gone, TN gone, the job now is to stop QF gone. Personally I would like to see all get off their arse, stop wringing their hands and wiping their brows, get all the unions together and start fighting back. If Thomson can get $500,000 out of a union for OS trips, dinners, and and shagging at knock shops, surely the unions can get together a fighting fund which can be used for ads informing the people of what is really happening. It will not be long before Aussies start to ask who is this Irish git trying to stuff up Qannas. In 89 we put it out there, we picketed, our wives picketed, ditto the kids and even the family dog turned up with a sign. (Its a joke now when you consider Victorian teachers are striking for 25% rise and nobody blinks) You can thank us for the start of enterprise bargaining but it came at a horrible price. If all you blokes are just going to keep writing about your frustrations and doing nothing, well the ship may go down, far better it go down with all on board fighting to save it. Start talking to your union about getting it out there, all of you, pilots, engineers (if there are any left) CC, ground staff, people power folks, people power. You might just turn this ship around.