PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2012, 00:43
Robert G Mugabe

Ding Ding Round 2....

Captain Prop

Loyalty to what?! Companies that will not even offer them a full time contract but instead temporary ones with no security, no pension, no sick pay and no guarantee of income unless they are flying... You talking about loyalty and integrity to these kind of companies?! Are you serious?!
A large number of orange flexicrew pilots have been offered full time contracts at easyJet. Those who are holding out for a UK basing are not being placed because there are no full time positions available in UK. You can however get placements on the continent.

With regard to the state of the industry at the moment. Dont try and give me the guff that its all the old timers fault and that the LCC are to blame. It is a combination of in no particular order.

1. Ineffective UK pilot Unions.

2. Old timers protecting their T&C at the expense of new joiners industry wide.

3. The death of traditional FTOs' and self improver modular training.

4. The availability of easy money and the advent of integrated FTOs'.

5. A new breed of pilot untempered by the school of hard knocks and the university of life who expect everything on a plate simply because they have spent the banks money on a dream.( While not reading the small print on their contracts )

6. A regulatory body that is ineffectual in maintaining the T&C of the industry as a whole.

7. The economic environment.

So in summary good luck to all joining Monarch. I am sure it is a wonderful company to work for.I do feel that they planned this expansion with the expectation that the economic situation in Europe would be much more favourable than it is. Time will tell. I would much prefer to have a full time contract with easyJet than with Monarch if I was a new joiner as easyJet seems to be on a more secure financial footing.