PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shares hit $1.00 Discuss
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 23:04
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Sunfish:

And I got lectured by Saint Margaret Jackson about what a wonderful example of MBA success she was at least every Six months. Stupid +++++.
While I fixed my post, what people do not understand is that women can be at least as bad as managers and leaders as men.

Furthermore, in our laudable efforts to be inclusive, gender neutral and politically correct, corporations have opened the door to women, homosexuals, zombies and others.

The trouble is that the first women in the queue to get board and senior management positions are/were rank opportunists who had no actual hands on experience, but the right qualifications and connections to get ahead, with obvious stand out exceptions like Gail Kelly and others.

To put that another way, there are more female "know nothing MBA qualified managers" than men. They think they are entitled to success but any criticism of their actions immediately sends them running and hiding under the skirts of their business girlfriends from where they making accusations of "sexism".

Chief among them is Saint Margaret who pontificated about her "success" to generations of aspiring MBA's when all she succeeded in doing in my opinion, was being in the right place at the right time when every public corporation in the country was being hounded by the Margaret Whitlam old girls push to shove something in a skirt onto its board.

Personally, the worst manager I have ever seen was female and had an Order of Australia to boot. She was a liar, a cheater, a rotten leader, greedy, vain and envious of real achievement to the point she even fired someone who corrected one of her administrative mistakes. She was so devious that before I knew it, I ended up buying Dunn and Bradstreet reports on other staff for her, on my personal credit card so as to be in secret, as she tried to dig up dirt on anyone she thought potentially threatened her. She destroyed corporate value. She destroyed the careers if highly competent people and she cost a certain organisation at least $250 million by my limited calculations.

You can stuff talk about the "glass ceiling" there are some terribly incompetent female managers around and, unlike men, they are almost impossible to remove.

....And a certain business school is doing its best to shove some more female wannabes into the mix - among which will no doubt be a few more revolting narcissists.

Melbourne Business School is delighted to invite you to register to attend the 2012 Women and Management Dinner to be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre on Wednesday 27 June.

Melbourne Business School is committed to raising awareness of key issues and opportunities for women in business. The Women and Management Dinner is one of Melbourne Business School's signature events. Each year the dinner attracts a diverse group of over 600 women and men from business, government and community. It is recognised as a leading forum for celebrating the achievement of women in management and for discussing issues of gender and diversity in the workplace.
But to get back on topic, what is killing corporations, like Qantas, all over the world is the promotion of people with no hands on experience, or bad character, or what is even worse both afflictions.

To put that another way, does anyone NOT think that the total lack of aviation experience of the Qantas Board has contributed to its current problems??????

To put that yet another way, why was there nobody on the Qantas Board who would have known from first hand experience that EVERY new aircraft type experiences unforseen technical problems of one sort ot another and that therefore preserving some excess engineering capability is only prudent?

To put that even yet another way, is there nobody on the Qantas Board who has first hand experience of being royally screwed in an outsourcing deal, and is therefore aware of the associated risks?

Last edited by Sunfish; 10th Jun 2012 at 23:29.