PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots as temporary workers for Airlines in Canada
Old 10th Jun 2012, 22:50
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Montrealguy

You're wasting your breath, not to mention your time, debating this issue with some of the European morons posting and spewing crap about business and single type ratings.

Until they get some hours and learn something about the aviation industry they will remain starry-eyed babes in the woods knowing not the difference between employment and wet lease.

Willie

Aileron

I was once EGCC based Canada 3000. That was a wet lease. No one in the UK employed me seasonally, monthly, or weekly.
Any Canadian carrier using a seasonal wet lease is normal and by the rules. What Sunwing and Canjet are doing is NOT exclusively "wet" lease. Wake up and smell the coffee! Some of us 'colonials' have a modicum of intellect and happen to know the difference between the two arrangements.
The broader issue includes the Canadian aviation industry and its survival. If our less experienced pilots lose opportunity to foreigners based on bad legislation creatively interpreted by many then when does our home industry provide them with opportunity? After the experienced Canadian pilots have all left the country?

When we have a shortage of pilots in Canada, and NEED to hire foreigners, I'll be one of the first to "welcome" you. Try sticking to the topic of this discussion?
Last time I checked most Canadians abroad were there because they were experienced, type rated and working in foreign lands because those foreign lands were short of home grown talent. Again, not the same issue but some keep trying to say it is. It isn't!

P.S. I'm a Canadian pilot, employed in Canada and I can assure you, NOT affiliated with any pilot union nor do I have any axe to grind with anyone. Except this bulls*it practice by a mickey mouse outfit trying to use slack ass federal labour law relating to seasonal migrant workers picking produce to bring foreign pilots into the country rather than hiring Canadian pilots more than qualified and able to fly an NG.
Sorry. That's just not on.

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 10th Jun 2012 at 23:26.