PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best App for GA Pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 22:47
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone thats keeping on topic, thanks very much for your suggestions, really appreciated and will check all of them out. Keep them coming if you have any more useful stuff.

yeah, us old guys are out of touch...sure.

why not buy all the avition apps? you can probably deduct it from your income tax in pursuit of your commerical instrument ticket.

of course when you go for a sim check, an old guy will be checking YOU and YOUR skills and knowledge out.
Once again, I really don't know how to put it to you die-hard Wright Brother guys, but new technology doesn't necessarily turn anyone into a "stupid" pilot.

And explain this to me, what kind of chart and stop watch will I be using in a sim check? Most likely I will be dealing with MFDs - pretty much iPads with longer battery life - do you not agree? Doesn't really matter if it's an old guy or a young guy that sits next to you - MFDs won't suddenly turn into steam gauges and charts!

Overly-dependance on smart technology is incorrect - I agree. But finding a combination of having core skills combined with use of smart technology makes things a heck of a lot safer and better. Thats why all the modern stuff leaving the factory comes with glass cockpits