PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 17:11
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats almost a topic closer.

But i'll bite.

Very nice to see you threw one at CASA that they couldn't rebuke...a small victory for the lil guy.

I don't think anyone here has directly attacked your efforts as CP. More to the point is that they feel you never had the chance to effectively do the job you were employed to do. All of that is time based for 2 reasons, 1 you needed to appease CASA, 2 you needed to convert your employer so that you could appease CASA.

I don't think any future employer will take the Alligator experience as a negative on your resume. If they do, then they are dumb. Many earlier posts in this thread were positive to your appointment.

As for our 'rogue' pilot taking off without the turbo doing its job, I have to agree with Jabawocky. The pilot clearly did not understand what he should have seen on the MAP guage. This isn't the fault of the CP, as Jaba says, its a fault in our syllabus. The CPL syllabus and exams ask some questions about turbo's but they are generic, and the required learning BARELY tells you the truth. You can actually pass the exam without knowing the difference between turbocharged and turbo normalised. Just another CASA crock!. (pun intended)

That pilots flying, after he realised it had turned to crap, is sensational! Pure low flying, he kept his wits about him for a good result...plenty of guys about couldn't fly that!