PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shares hit $1.00 Discuss
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 16:40
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Dr Dre. Yes. For a start there are numbers of guys on lwop doing many different things - and remains to be seen how many return. Most it would seem are simply off to the sandpit but particularly S/O's are the ones taking up opportunities with their previous skill sets - building, doctoring, engineering etc. I understand the train driving example is/was surprising not because it is reputed to have happened but because it was from a surprisingly well positioned pilot. What is indisputable is that morale is atrocious, most crew are hoping there are 5 years left before end game, exit strategies are discussed on every flight deck and galley 'I'm lucky, I only have 2 years to go - but what are you doing?' Since the grounding I cannot tell you how many times that has come up. What is so upsetting is the deliberate destruction. You have probably the most loyal and professional group of people it is possible to get who have been undermined at every possible turn. If you are in any doubt as to my words then look no further than the industry wide survey being 'advertised' on this site. I used the term 'criminally negligent' earlier. The incompetence is imho of that level. I cannot think of any company I have ever read of where senior management is so predictably acting against the interests of the very thing that is paying their wage. It is such a totally unprecedented situation that the tired and utterly incorrect line of it being 'the unions' fault is so easily swallowed. You are witnessing catastrophic failure by grossly incompetent fools. There is no other possible explanation. The only 'excuse' for this deliberate destruction is possibly the cheapening of the company to the point 'mates' of those in charge cam buy it in a quasi LBO scenario. Whilst that is plausible and I believed it to be true for some time, due to the ongoing incompetence and lunatic announcements I am beginning to be convinced the only answer is total incompetence - I am unconvinced these guys are bright enough to have any plan at all. They just do not have the first clue about anything to do with aviation..

Last edited by V-Jet; 10th Jun 2012 at 17:01.