PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 12:32
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Turbo Scarecan needs minimum 38 inches for take off, he had 29 and still took off with plenty of rwy avail to pull up (probably by the first taxi way) and 2 gauges clearly showing the fact. When interviewed and asked why he did it he couldn't answer, he knew he needed min 38, took off with 29 - pilot error regardless of the maintenance issues that were at gator.
You can blame the pilot for sure, that goes without saying, however, the culture that allowed this kind of pilot error is clearly evident and that is a systemic problem wouldn't you say?

Going out on a limb here, but any pilot who thinks this way, clearly does not understand his powerplant. And why? Because PPL/CPL training contains no really valuable powerplant training. Sure some of you will argue this, but I doubt less than 1% can prove they actually received any, unless they went and learned it themselves. There is none, and CASA do not require any. The theory books are riddled with lies and crap, so what hope is there. I was a victim of this system too, just lucky it never cost me anything.

This outfit had Whyalla Airlines written all over it......sheer arse it did not have the same result.