PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OFFICER and AIRCREW 'CANDIDATES' PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Old 10th Jun 2012, 12:05
NDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OASC 'CANDIDATES' and WANNABES, PLEASE READ THIS THREAD FIRST! (NEW THREAD)

BPJ36,

I was in a similar situation a few years back as I originally after school, I planned on joining direct as a WSOp. Unfortunately I had a few academic set backs. Once that was all done, I applied in September 2010.
Unfortunately I failed the AST by very few marks ( but marks are marks and I didn't make the cut) it would be an understatement to say that I was disappointed.

Now that they have increased the GCSE mathematics grade, I am tempted to apply as another trade and work my way up in 5-6 years.

However, I am still working on increasing my current GCSE grade to at least a B as I still want to apply as a DE WSOp.

I apologise that I have drifted of your original topic, but truthfully, it boils down to what you want more.
Do you want a commission or would you be happy with being a SNCO?

I have done exactly the same as you, I have visited a few RAF bases, all of my own back.

Most bases won't allow it due to operational requirements - which is totally understandable.

Best of luck in what you decide to do.

NDW.