PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information Needed on PPL to comercial pilot road.
Old 24th Dec 2002, 18:17
imagine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the late reply, just wanted to let the thread run its course . Oh and thanks for changing the topic title.

Skylark - My questions were broad for numerous reasons:
1) It was 4:10am when I posted the thread (hence the really crap style)
2) I wanted a quick to the point thread. That was my intention.

Just because my questions were open and lacked specificity, does not mean I haven't researched the areas in question, I was simply asking for more information, more knowledge. For example, I had already seen the CAA eyesight requirements (although they do go into quite a lot of detail) - thanks though Genghis, especially for the url to the pdf booklet. Also, I had not just visited the BA website, but many other airlines' too, that was just the first one I visited and I mentioned it for that reason (with hindsight I can see why that looks like no effort on my part). Next time I'll remember to write a 3 page thread, which you'll probably just skip / skim read anyway, detailing my every journey on the internet like a flight manual. The point about me not knowing the information also lacks integrity - I do not believe a prerequisite to being interested in flying is owning flying magazines for the past few years. Oh and for your information, I'm not "poorly motivated", I'm at a top university in the country studying one of the top degrees, so please don't patronise me.

I'm sorry for a sarcastic tone in my post, but I'm not too impressed at someone believing they know the ins and outs of someone from one post they've made on the internet. There are always people like you on forums - the people who believe the same question shouldn't be asked twice, that people should use the search function constantly before asking a question (/stereotyping )...well I'm sorry, but instead of checking your spelling (it's commitment by the way), you should instead look up "forum" in the dictionary.

Thanks to everyone that helped (even you Skylark), especially big.al - the flowchart is very good (I honestly thought it wouldn't cost that much though ). Oh and goodluck to Young Tony, the motivated man, although, the fact that his parents helped him is a differentiating factor between me and him.

Oh and above all, Merry Christmas .

Last edited by imagine; 24th Dec 2002 at 22:10.