PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shares hit $1.00 Discuss
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 11:42
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Fly by wire, I have no knowledge of the DJ pilots EBA so can't comment with any authority on what it consists of.

I can confirm that the QF EBA is currently 508 pages. For some strange reason, much of that is duplicated from other parts of the document. It's available for download online if you want to read it. It used to be wagenet.gov.au but not sure if that's still the address.

There are also a number of things in our contract that DJ would have but probably not part of their core pilot contract. As an example, I suspect that DJ would have their check and trainers appointments and so on as part of a separate document or contract given to each trainer. That probably outlines their tenure, access to flying, trading trips, etc. For QF ours are all in the main award. Why are these things there? Because at some stage people on both sides of the equation have rorted the system as it was understood and thus it was put down in black and white.

So sure, we could get rid of HEAPS of stuff in our award and just put those pilots who do various office, technical, training roles on separate contracts that are an addition to our EBA but at the end of the day, it's all in the EBA.

So yes it's 508 pages. However a lot of it doesn't apply to the majority of crew on a day by day basis- particularly the bits that still apply to Flight Engineers! There are areas where it can improve and be shortened however given the lack of trust that exists, I reckon the trend will be for more regulation rather than less.

Last edited by Keg; 10th Jun 2012 at 11:48.