PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best App for GA Pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 09:07
Bearcat F8F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bearcat,

I have air nav pro which is cheaper sat nav which works perfectly. Also gives you vor adf etc etc but to be honest i have not tried it. Update now gives notams on it too although not tried it im guessing you will need an internet connection up there ie 3g version ipad
I have the ipad kneeboard which has a half screen size "note pad" bit so you can make notes of squawks etc it just folds over the bottom half of screen on a sort of hinge.

I also have pilot wizz pro which give notams can do w & b and all calculations (have that on phone and ipad 2.

Hope this all helps.

Lots of people recommend sky demon but for me to keep costs down im happy using air nav pro
Thanks very much for the suggestions, I will check them out.

Bearcat

Why not try and build your flying skills by operating the aircraft rather than messing about with Apps?

Go get a map and stopwatch and start looking out the window!

I have 80 hours to fly, if I want to do some IR prep within those 80 hours, that's up to me.

And even if I am not using instruments, the iPad can provide me with NOTAMs/ weather/ logbook/ sectional charts/ checklists/ airport diagrams etc etc. Which as far as I can figure out does not discourage anyone from using a stopwatch and a map to navigate.

Last edited by Bearcat F8F; 10th Jun 2012 at 09:23.