PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 06:12
BlackandBrown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck in the 70's? Yes part of it is, you're actually correct here. They've been around a long time doing what they do best. No rapid expansion or taking risky gambles. It seems to have worked for nearly 45 years.

And now it's all change for Monarch, turning their back on what worked. And at such a poorly timed moment. You completely proved my point with what you said, re read it. It has worked for 45 years, no rapid expansion, surviving on a majority charter market with quiet winters. Now it IS rapid expansion, a big scheduled shift, trying to take on 'big business' people with lots of money at their disposal.

As for saying you wouldn't want to fly with me, that's your problem not mine, you're the one clearly so easily affected. I've said nothing personal, I've offered an opinion to try and help raise people's awareness to potential pitfalls that may befit someone taking this job. I've said what I've said with BA but if you can't see a move to Monarch is so far from a necessarily long term sensible thing to do then you're either selectively blind, a massive risk taker or one that requires instant gratification.

To brand Roberts post as utter without justification shows what a closed mind you must have. You can disagree but you should not do that, it is ignorant.