PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF Shares hit $1.00 Discuss
View Single Post
Old 10th Jun 2012, 00:49
Capt Kremin

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
Tallest Poppy, the big problem between staff and management is the yawning credibility gap and the complete lack of trust that the staff have in people like Joyce.

Joyce could tell me that he was of Irish descent and right now, I wouldn't believe him without supporting documentation.

This washes down the line. Pilots I fly with tell me that they delete messages from flight ops management without reading them. The total, complete lack of trust is something that needs to be addressed right now. Qantas does need to go through changes but the basic wage structure that delivered a one billion dollar profit in 2008 is still there, so what has changed and who is to blame?

Reduced network-Management.

Incompetence at highest levels, Red Q and Jetstar(name your franchise, but particularly Vietnam and Hong Kong)-Management

Disengaged front line workers- Management

Gas guzzling A380's instead of B777's- Management

Five year delay on 787- choice to go with untried and unproven technology-Management

Jetstar International- Low yielding, poor load factor, unloved bastard child with zero actual international growth in the last two years; (More to come on that later)-Management.

So you tell me... what really needs to change at Qantas?