PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Jun 2012, 22:25
supersonic75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying and reaching higher rank minimums while waiting for QR email !!

@RK303 : try to pm a guy called ( gdukkoq ) !! he was talking about him being a FTSO waiting for the (contract/fleet email ) and getting close to reach the F.O minimums while he was waiting . he was told by the chief that he will join as an F.O if they call him by then !! and not starting over again !! go to page ( 196 ) and read his post and see , pm him and ask for more details just to be sure , i hope that helps .
another thing i want you to be aware of : after i received my ( contract/fleet allocation email ) i asked my joining coordinator about delaying my joining date as much as possible , she told me -you must join before and no more than 12 months from your interview date-
so before you decide to start your plan ( if you would ) just make sure you ask and verify with QR this -time limit- just to plan your type rate and flying with the other airline early enough so that you can be ready for QR and not exceeding your 12 months limit in case they call you and maybe you've just started your type rate and not done yet by then !!
and finaly one last thing to think about : QR will ask for :
A copy of resignation/release letter from current/former employer and, if under a training bond, a repayment/ clearance letter to be submitted before joining.
so make sure you can get this letter from that other airline you want to ( join , break bond and leave ) !! or you will lose everything
i hope all the best for you , just think it all over before you do it. its not an easy thing to do .

Last edited by supersonic75; 10th Jun 2012 at 00:22.