PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Foreign pilots as temporary workers for Airlines in Canada
Old 9th Jun 2012, 21:14
j_fleish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All you guys have failed to mention the opportunities that Sunwing offers their current Canadian employees right now with them buying the US Vacation company Vacation Express. This Aircrafts are C-reg aircrafts operating out of the US cities of Atlanta, Cincinatti and Memphis (which just got extended to fly next summer as well till October 2013) giving Canadian pilots a chance to provide the states with pilots and I do say Canadian pilots because this is a summer operation and no foreign workers are flying for Sunwing then. I think with them purchasing vacation express it will give Sunwing the opportunity to buy and train more pilots in the future once Vacation Express expands the cities offering Sunwing flights. Once this Happens I can see Sunwing acquiring more aircrafts to use in Canada for the winter and the States for the summer. But for now until this happens I think its best to just wait it out and not try to put the jobs at jeopardy by forcing the airline to strictly wet lease