PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2012, 20:07
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BUD-BGY is operated daily with a stable LF over 80%. Flights from BUD and OTP are being moved from BGY to MXP because of a good deal offered by MXP as they want to attract more LCCs.
Yet Wizz are only moving the Budapest flight and not the other destinations. It's clear part of the strategy is to avoid FR and there is nothing wrong with this and it's a sensible business decision as it's more likely to attract more passengers, by moving the Bergamo route.

OTP is a completely different market to MXP and has nothing to do with the Milan flights so to make such claim is ridiculous, they're nearly 300km apart. The main competing airports are Bologna and Rimini. The fact is it appears the Bologna area war has been run. I can't see anyone in such area deciding they will travel 300km to Milan to keep picking Wizz when they have Ryanair operating the same route on their doorstep.

I quess you can't say that the OTP flight is moved to MXP because of Ryanair. Forli is a different case, it's highly likely that all operators will need to move to Bologna or Rimini as FRL airport reported bankruptcy and will only be financed by the state for another 4 months.
Yet all of the other routes to Forli are being retained by Wizz, which is a little bit strange no? They withdraw the flights to the destination which has competition from FR but keep the ones that don't have competition. That is pretty obvious that it is because they have not achieved adequate loads else they'd leave it there like the other destinations.

You are expected to believe while I know it.

A 5 a/c base is a major achievement with 300 odd aircraft? Kidding, right?
Financial performance was not mentioned here.
How do you know it? If you know the financial affairs of the company then you must have some connection with them. Wizz are not publishing any financial figures so whilst that is the case everyone will talk about it, if they have nothing too hide they are free to publish their results like they have been invited to do so on a number of occasions.

Ryanair have much bigger brand recognition across Europe, and their base and customer portfolio is much more diverse over a more diverse range of countries so of course the 300 aircraft are going to be spread around many places.

Wizz tends to focus on almost exclusively central and Eastern Europe, and has no bases in Western Europe at all. But I don't criticise them for that because I realize that is where they started up and built the company up, But comparing Ryanair in Budapest with Wizz in Budapest is illogical, Budapest is the home market of Wizzair, which they've been in for years. Ryanair have only just opened the base.