PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Jun 2012, 14:43
supersonic75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QR Bond ( copy/paste from QR email i received )

@RK303 : im sorry i dont know about your two questions , my advice for you is to call them better than getting maybe wrong info from someone else !! ( try calling around 8:00 am qatar local time GMT+3) . i would change the way i ask the first question if i were you and keep the second one as it is as for what you said about NTSO being bonded for 3 years ?? this is a copy/paste from what i received from them 3 weeks ago , hope its usefull for you or anybody else as some guys were talking about rumours regarding a new bond ? as i said i received this about 3 weeks ago :

Training Bond:

All Aircraft Type-Rating courses including full and shortened transition courses. The bond is USD 50000 for Captains, First Officers and Fast Track Second Officers. It is USD 75000 for Ab Initio/ Second Officers.

The Bond amount will be deducted from the pilot’s monthly salary starting from the date of joining the Company at the rate equal to the Bond Amount divided by 36. Deductions shall continue for a total of 18 monthly deductions. Upon completion of 36 months (3 years) following the date of joining, the total amount actually deducted from the pilot’s salary will be refunded back to the pilot.

Fast Track Second Officers. The bond will start on completion of Final Line Check, not date of joining.

Second Officer/ Ab initio training courses will attract a five year bond of which will start on completion of Final Line Check.

The Bond amount will be deducted from the pilot’s monthly salary starting from the date of joining the Company at the rate equal to the Bond Amount divided by 36. Deductions shall continue for a total of 18 monthly deductions. Upon completion of 36 months (3 years) following the date of joining, the total amount actually deducted from the pilot’s salary will be refunded back to the pilot.

Ab initio training courses will attract a five year bond

Frozen ATPL

First Officers joining with a Frozen ATPL must have a full ATPL within the first 3 years of their employment with Qatar Airways

This information is accurate as of November 1, 2011. Subject to change at any time .

Last edited by supersonic75; 9th Jun 2012 at 14:55.