PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2012, 13:37
DublinPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They moving to MXP. Ryanair have also express intrest to operate out of MXP but they want a better deal, just like at new airprot in Warsaw and Wizz beat them there. Will the same happen at MXP? .
Modlin is going to be interesting, especially on many of the routes that start in July because they are going to go head to head with each other in all but one of the initial Ryanair routes. The Dublin Route goes head to head with Aer Lingus, who will face some stiff competition as it's impossible to book a Warsaw flight for under 100 euro with Aer Lingus most of the year. However Ryanair were the first to declare they were interested in such airport and have lobbied for it to be opened for years. But Wizz were the first to actually sign an agreement.

However Wizz Air being based at Modlin may actually go against them and work in Ryanair and OLT Expresses favour. Because they are based in Modlin, there are a lot of eye watering early flights leaving at 6am and late arrivals, some much after midnight to an airport that is 35km away from Warsaw. Sure there is public transport and taxi's, but the OLT flights are in the heart of the city, giving easier access, plus the Ryanair flights, being from other bases, are more family and transport friendly times.

I know Wizz are moving from Bergamo to Milan for the Budapest route however the loads on such flights have been much lower than that of FR having been on one myself, so whilst there is a tactical move to Milan the fact that they're not getting the loads that the opposition are has played part of their thinking that they may stand a better chance if they move to the larger, easier to access airport thinking this will draw passengers that didn't pick them when they were competing directly. The Bologna route was simply a Ryanair win, much like the routes that were withdrawn by Ryanair before even operating were Wizzair wins.

On the topic of OLT express, I flew with them from Gdansk to Warsaw a couple of months ago as a connection for a Ryanair flight to Gdansk. Nearly a full A320, I was very surprised. Free food and drink on board too for the price of just under 25 euro with free baggage.

Last edited by DublinPole; 9th Jun 2012 at 13:39.