PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alligator Airways Grounded
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2012, 13:23
RadioSaigon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FrqCB -incredibly well spoken. You've hit all the points worth considering. Fair to say my arse was puckered watching that vid. It speaks volumes of the culture this pilot was operating within.

TGG I often have issue with your contributions and attitiude, but this time you've hit the nail. CASA paying attention tho? Good luck with that. They'll go after the easy-beat every time.

PinC responsibility in this age of PC and automation must be reinforced and emphasised until it engrained.

baron_beeza -generally concur, but to hang & dry the PinC without consideration of his experience, the culture of his environment and the operational conditions of the day would IMO be inappropriate. We both know better -and have seen it happen.

Horatio -of course there are errors of judgement by PinC, and I agree, there were deeper issues underlying this... but still attempting a 2nd departure with a known serious fault... wow.

There's plenty of blame to be laid about in light of the apparent evidence... who knows what else lies about?

Damn MG -that's a broad brush you're painting with! I flew with Ged only briefly over the space of only a few days -not weeks- but was impressed (and occasionally frustrated) by his professionalism and adherence to promulgated procedures. I have no doubt that his standards were challenged by his employer, having followed the discussions here with interest.

Last edited by RadioSaigon; 11th Jun 2012 at 02:12.