PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK 380 Diversion to Ottawa and Low Fuel Emergency
Old 9th Jun 2012, 11:48
pilotday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GoreTex

seriously, leave the crew alone, leave the analysing to the desk pilots in HQ

nobody knows the facts except the operating crew, EK sends us usually out with min fuel, the planes burn often more than the CFP says cos EK cheats, EK needs a few diversions then they will stop sending us letters or calling us in the office for taking extra fuel.

This was what I was trying to say earlier....

1. Its a bad policy to send warnings to the TOP 10% captains who add a few tons above min required. If one month, 90% of the captains took min req fuel, and the other 10% added just .1 ton more, those 10% would get threatening emails....

2. EK cheats on min req fuel (ie. OFP using 12R for departure for aussie trips when 30R is in use etc etc etc..) Hence my problem with the "commit to destination card" that is all too often used. Committing to destination should be an option used rarely, not a crutch because the LEGAL dispatch fuel didn't work out so you are forced to eliminate your plan B and plan C. I would like to know how many flights a day commit at EK?

I think we should all file an ASR when we commit. Why not? We already file ASR's when we can't get Mumbai on HF. If we commit to our destination, it is a safety issue....

...something didn't work out as planned, either OFP fuel was off, weather diversions, restricted step climbs, plane full of fat passengers over 85kg (standard weight) Eliminating your plan B and plan C just to arrive at your destination with 30 minutes of fuel is definitely more of a safety issue than contacting Mumbai on HF

You want something changed, Tim Clark reads ASR's and not PPRUNE.