PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Jun 2012, 11:32
RK303

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear all,

Following this tread since I’ve been interviewed last Dec as a NTSO, I’ve seen how QR is an “hazardous” airline regarding his hiring process damaging some people. Having recently learnt from the very bad experience of ITO the age limit of 31 for NTSO, I also managed to know that I passed the interview but in few months, I will have one year remaining before being “erased” by the HR like ITO were.

There are dark clouds over SO’s heads and it seems that it may not happen this year. So I have questions regarding a job opportunity that could open up very soon for me.

First of all, thanks god I’m not jobless and to be sincere, it doesn’t worth it for me if I don’t reach a major airline like QR at the end, so I’m not desperate and I was looking to be trained right from the beginning at this company standards but of course, life’s not so sweet . The time is being short for me to decide whether or not I’ll tried to enter this dying pilot market and this job may give me the famous experience required to do it but I’ll be bonded for 3 years.

Please does someone know something about those two Questions:
1) If QR eventually call me as a NTSO and I decide to break the bond, what’s happened if I’m already type rated with no sufficient hours on type to reach the FTSO requirements, disqualified?
2) If I reach the FTSO requirements when called by QR as a NTSO, will I need to reapply and wait to be invited again for an interview like it never already happened?

Thank you

Last edited by RK303; 9th Jun 2012 at 11:36.