PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair and Age (2012)
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2012, 09:32
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cowhorse:

What does Ryanair have to do with P2F?

I have a solicitor friend of mine, he went for 2 years with hardly any pay, just to gain experience!

So a newly qualified guy/girl - 200 - 250 hours with fATPL, complaining over work conditions with Ryanair, maybe you should have had a bit work experience in the real life before you joined Ryanair!

I understand there are not perfect BA conditions with Ryanair, and that is the main reason you got the job with Ryanair first, because at the moment nobody else wanted to hire you!

If this is your first proper flying job, get a reality check, you have to be the most ungrateful spoiled brats in this part of aviation!

If life is so miserable, vow......... I am sure there are a few thousand guys who would gladly swap places with you, and see their career start and progress!

Of course going on to better things depends on yourself, one thing is your mobility! If you want to be based and stuck in the UK for the rest of your life, I agree there are limited chances!

Than you have to wait, I know of guys last year that went both to Norwegian and BA, even though Norwegian is low cost, their conditions for experienced guys are better than Ryanair, so yes that is a step up!

If you are willing to move to ME or Asia, there will be chances, but I am pretty sure many are waiting for a chance to apply BA eventually!

However the attitude, the moaning about how terrible it is for you, being 21,22,23 or even 25, and with NO experience, having to suffer such mistreatment as Ryanair does to you, really makes my heart bleed out for you!

And if the problem is that you can't get away after 3 - 4 years, with over 2500 - 3000 hours on type, maybe you simply not good enough!