PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF shares hit $2.00, discuss
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2012, 03:18
PPRuNeUser0161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woollcott
You hit the nail rit on the head, it's no good if the broom is not put through management as well. This company cannot be run like a government service, it's not and will never be again. It must get lean. Personally I think management have all but given up on rescueing the thing. By the look of it there gonna drive it into the ground until it has to be broken up like Ansett. QLINK will be Rex and Jetstar will be the stand alone middle of the road carrier. They'll probably try and give mainline back to the government but I doubt they'll take it on.

As for the advertising I admit I haven't seen a lot on the box of late but there is various magazine adds that run from time to time that generally play on the "proud Australian Airline" theme but thats just playing on the past. It's a small world out there and to a large degree that can turn people off. It's the service and price that puts bums on seats. I recently arrived into Melbourne on a QF flight only to wait on board 15 minutes for the ramp staf to roll up so we could disembark. NOT GOOD ENOUGH!. That's a long 15 minutes. I got burnt when Ansett went toes up because I lost all my frequent flyer points and I can tell you that while QF is still my preferred carrier I will be checking out if I can convert them to VB and if a lot of others do the same then that's it for the FF program as well.

SN