PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF shares hit $2.00, discuss
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2012, 02:24
PPRuNeUser0161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown.N.Gasket
Not sure you fully grasp the scope of what's happening. Wage freezes and trading off some extras for "a slice of the pie", mate that ain't gonna do it and management would be inconsiderate to the shareholders if they entertained that sort of fix. The "pie" belongs to the shareholders and anyone who works for QF gets remunerated for there hard work and that's that. I can tell you that nothing short of DJ T & C's will save Qantas in it current size and structure. But it doesn't stop there either, management is just plain Excellent when it comes to unloading cash on silly promotions, gimmicks, advertising campaigns that don't hit the mark, wrong aircraft and internal programs that don't yield financial results. To rest on the Qantas name is also silly because the population of this country is being rapidly diluted with other cultures that have no connection with QF's history.

That joint needs a complete makeover from top to toe and I ask this question, how many legacy airlines worldwide have been in similar situations and traded out if it? There is one that I know of but that's about it.

SN