PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air NZ A320 + Mr Bloxham
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2002, 10:58
Rabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Logan, I can't believe you guys are for real. Why don't you make a few inquiries and find out what happens in the real world. After 10,000 hrs on Boeings I converted to the minibus. At Toulouse I did the required ground school and sim. I and others with the full range of experience then returned to the line and did 25 hours and a minimum of 8 sectors with Airbus Training Captains before being let loose.

One Question was how long it would take to get familiar with the different controls - about 30 seconds if that. It is so natural and straight forward. The aircraft itself is very simple and easy to fly. The only thing one needs to work on is the different philosophy. The airbus way is different to the Boeing way.

I have subsequently built up some 8000 hours on 320 & 340 mostly in the training role. I must say this having trained on many aircraft since 1970 that the airbus have proved to be straight forward for pilots to come to grips with. The Key we discovered was in having very good SOP's for the pilots to follow for the various flight phases.

Boeing and Airbus both produce good aircraft. It is only their operating philosophy and technology that stands them apart. There in no big bogey man out there, just good sim/line training makes the difference between airlines that have accidents and those that don't.

Have a nice day