PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot's Cooperative Airline
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2012, 14:56
fireflybob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am disappointed but not surprised that people seem so negative about this concept!

One of the best companies I ever worked for had a profit sharing scheme. If we made a profit we all got a bonus at the end of the year. If the Company made a loss we got no bonus.

Am not on a crusade for a "fairer society" (whatever that is) but I do think that the modus operandi of some leading companies now is very down trend and that their business models mean they will not be around in 5/10 years from now.

It's a whole raft of things but whatever business you are in I believe you are in the "people" business. It's all about relationships with people (customers, staff, contractors etc). I would suggest that if you get that right you are well on your way to having a longer term business.

How much money will you put in - will you remortgage your house & risk all your assets?
FANS, who said anything about people remortgaging houses etc? However I am suggesting that all staff would have some sort of "stake" in the Company - it's more a change of attitude. I believe there was a very good documentary about John Lewis where such a system exists. Staff input into the decision making process was encouraged (as indeed is also the case with Southwest airlines).

When you read the postings on PPrune (ok yes I know that may not be totally representative) there seem to be a lot of employees that really detest who they work and the way their work is organised. Surely there is a better way?