PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Monarch Anyone?
Thread: Monarch Anyone?
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2012, 11:33
i_like_tea

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm easy (not flexi anymore!) and in Europe and very happy with my deal and lifestyle and have no intention of going back to the UK (even if they do know how to make a proper cup of tea and not just hot milk with a dash of brown).... however, I have to be very honest if I were still flexi (especially the CTC contract) and if I wanted the UK (which a lot do) then this would be a fantastic opportunity.

Let's not forget that with project Merlin, where are the openings for flexis to get a proper, non pay per hour contract in the UK in the foreseeable future? They're just not there and everyone is sick of the emails offering European contracts saying "but do not apply if you'd like a UK base, opportunities will be available soon" which has been the same story for the last 2 years.

As I said, I am really happy here in easy, but it's not all like this for everyone sadly

P.S Adm, a young person with 18 months in easyJet? That's less than 1500 hours (by quite a long way) and so Emirates isn't an option and you need at least 1.5k for even the Second officer programme at Cathay

Last edited by i_like_tea; 8th Jun 2012 at 11:34.