PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OK no pilot. Then what??
View Single Post
Old 8th Jun 2012, 08:37
a320renewal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my IR in 2004, passed first time, and never found a job in Europe in 8 years despite having a 320 rating, and still no job.
I passed most interviews and could have had a good job now but for political reasons, they have preferred candidates coming from other countries.

I am not a 200h pilot and with my 2000h in my logbook, some companies told me I am over qualified to fly a turboprop and would be bored after 3 months.I have even received letters telling me I am over quailfied for the 737 (I have never touched a 737 in my life).
Now I am too old, companies want guys between 20-35.
BA hire guys with 0 hours or God captain on 777 with 15000 hours in the last 3 months.
So, guys, where do we go now with our expensive JAR license, Africa? fly some 182 and compete with desperate locals who don't like us?
If I knew that Europe were going to screw me, I would have stayed with my FAA rating.
what's the point to go through all these theoretical exams, IR, Multi, type rating, if it' s to finish in a lost country making nothing or to finish unemployed.I know we are in a recession , but is it a reason for the guys sitting at the JAA, to ask more and more money from us ? This is why Europe is collapsing, They build Europe on big dreams, they build it on success, and there is no plan to fix failures.
oh well! rant over, life could be worse.At least we are not at war, not yet!