PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF shares hit $2.00, discuss
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 22:18
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A good mate of mine, a very well know Opposition front bench bloke, said to me, the Govt and the Opposition are watching QF very closely. For a start nobody wants the National Carrier die on their watch, they fear retribution from the public, and my answer to that is, what are you blokes going to do about it? The last thing the incoming, in all probability, Liberal Govt want is QF to breath its last as they arrive, or even worse the Arabs turn up. So I said what about renationalisation, it would be considered he said, depending once more on voter behaviour, (it would appear it all depends on votes from either side, not surprisingly) but he does agree to let QF die would be catastrophic for the country, so some hope there. He refused to be drawn into his opinion of Joyce (wily bugger) but did offer that it would be good to get Borgetti back in the LH seat. Now make of this what you will, but I felt a little better, knowing both sides are anxious about the company, I mean who wants 35,000 people suddenly without a job? The backlash would be dreadful. From his conversation, I don't think QF is going to follow the path of TAA and Ansett, not at this stage anyway, I think a lot of money would be pumped in before that happened, despite of Joyce, Clifford et al, they mean little when it comes to votes apparently, they are disposable. Hope this brightens your day a little, it ain't over yet, not by a long shot.