PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Jun 2012, 19:30
ITO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guys,

QR is game over for me.Unfortunately. I still can`t believe what happened but it is unfortunately real.I think we have been around this thread for sometime and most of us almost knowwhich position we applied for, and somost of you know that I applied for NTSO. I have been waiting for the past 5months as a crazy, every single day, for any single feedback. Managed to knowlater on that I did pass the Interview. Tried to call HR every day to find outwhere I was standing, if there was something about to happen, a nerve wrecking stressfulsituation, to end up with what? They called me two days ago announcing me thatI was about to turn 31 in 5 days and that I am not fulfilling anymore the agerequirement for joining as NTSO and as a result, they are canceling myapplication. I was left with no voice.

I can`t describe now how disappointedI am, especially that because of this waiting…etc I lost 2 other firm joboffers that were initially my plan to reach the FTSO. At the end of the day, Ifind myself with absolutely nothing in my hands. It`s harsh, it`s really harsh.
Most of you do not know, but Iworked previously with QR as a cabin crew, and when I was about to turn 28years old, I had also the same thing…had tried everything…etc to be told 1month before turning 28 SORRY..TOO late. Still, resigned from the company, undergonea Flight Instructor course to pursu that dream of being with the company, todo something that will get my experience going on toward FTSO. Have beenworking for the past almost two years and a half as a full time FI with nearly2000H, doing all sort of training, all focused and determined to get back tothe company, and yet, the same thing happens in an even worse situation, afterpassing the interview this time.

It just cracked me. I am disgusted.Why waiting 5 months to just then realize ohh…****..the guy is about to reachthe age limit -which I had NO CLUE about it at all- lets call him and announce himthe very nice news !
I can`t describe how hard it isnor how I feel. I am in the middle of nowhere now with all doors shut andlocked.