PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Brazilian ATC vs. BA 249
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 15:23
betterfromabove

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
blindpew - I'm not sure if that comment was aimed at me, but you're picking the wrong target I'm afraid.

1. This has been done a million times elsewhere, but the only logical conclusion if you've been around the world a bit and thought this through is that if there is to be one internationally understood language in the world for ATC then let's use it and let's all be trained sufficiently well to permit maximum communication. English, ahead of several other options, has been chosen. Yes, a post-imperial consequence, but it is not entirely unsuitable for the purpose linguistically, and, well, that's life.

2. Presuming the culture of others on an online forum and attaching epithets is a losing and (with all due respect, arrogant...) game. I was communicating in French with ATC at the time.

3. Transmitting large quantities of superfluous information on an ATC freq with poor diction does not add to communication, it diminishes it. This is regardless of whether either ATCO or pilot is a native speaker or not. There are no prizes for poor or incomplete understanding, only penalties.