PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA Part 66 Exam validity period
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 13:56
mdraper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA Part 66 Exam validity period

Hello all, could somebody please help me?

I am interested in studying the EASA part 66 modules in order to gain a greater appreciation for the workings of an aeroplane. I have access to study notes, my current employer will pay the exam fees, and they are even held here on site - so I think I would be foolish not to take the opportunity.

My question is this: Do the exams expire once they are completed?

I know that you must submit evidence of all exams passed within 5 years (or similar), along with relevant maintenance experience if you intend to apply to the CAA for the Aircraft Maintenance Engineer licenses.

But can I go to a prospective employer in 10, 20 years time for instance, and show them my certificate for the Gas Turbine Engine module without it losing all credibility after a particular use by date?

Also, are the exam modules recognised by the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)? i.e. can they be used as evidence towards recognition as CEng?

Please differentiate this discussion from those for people seeking to become A/B1/B2/C Licensed Engineers, I am a professional in my field and looking for advice from an educational point of view, rather than professional.

Many thanks in advance,

Mat