PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Embraer 190/195
View Single Post
Old 7th Jun 2012, 13:10
John21UK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One other potential gotcha is that when cleared direct to xxx in LNAV/VNAV
the aircraft might aggressively nose dive to regain the original angle/path if the direct to cuts your track miles short. I tend to press FPA (thus green FMA) first before doing the direct to. Saves me the embarressment and keeps is smooth.

I always tend to fly 1 dot high on profile, then use a fraction of speedbrake, select manual speed 190 (ish) and let her slow down gently onto the glide. Obvisouly this is when you're doing the same approach a million times a month and you know how to play the game.

We (E190) were at 5500ft the other day when ATC cleared us for a straight in whilst doing 250 kts with 12 miles to go. (VMC) Captain showed me his trick to slow her down and it worked like a charm, even got a complement from ATC. Speedbrake full, gear down, flaps 1, flaps 2, speedbrake in etc... Established by 1000ft and it wasn't even that uncomfortable. (lot's of fun though!)

The E190 is dead easy to land IMHO. Much less tendancy to float compared to E170. (don't know about E195) I love flying it.